1. Japes! It’s a fight between students in Brixton over a stolen stuffed owl, featuring many flour bombs. These days, this wouldn’t lead to a jaunty newsreel as much as apocalyptic headlines in the Evening Standard. 1957
2. A secretary in Kensington takes her pet leopard for a walk, 1968.
3. Jousting on scooters in Wembley, 1957.
4. Marcus the chimp cycles around London, 1940s.
5. Dog blessing ceremony in Swiss Cottage, 1939.
6. Ever wanted to see Peter Cushing play with his collection of toy soldiers? From 1956.
7. Some great Pathe footage comes in the form of out-takes, like this silent colour footage of a man pogo-ing into a Soho strip club in 1962.
8. An oil well in Willesden, 1947.
9. Kentish Town children hold a protest march to demand a zebra crossing, 1962.
10. A look at fashion featuring I Was Lord Kitchener’s Valet and a couple dressed as Bonnie & Clyde pretending to murder a man wearing an Afghan, 1969.